Uploaded 24-Sep-14
Taken 14-Aug-14
8 of 24 photos


M3-17 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59/60 Fantuzzi Spyder

After narrowly losing the 1959 World Sportscar Championship to Aston Martin, things had to change, so Ferrari updated the TR59 into the TR59/60. This car (0770TR) is one of two Ferrari works Testa Rossas in the TR59/60 body style. This car is distinguished by its four side pipes. It raced at Le Mans in 1960, driven by Wolfgang von Trips and Phil Hill; the car ran out of fuel and was retired. After Le Mans the TR59/60s were configured for taller drivers, such as Dan Gurney. Eventually the car made its way to the United States and was raced heavily through 1962. At some point it was refitted with a 3.5-liter Ferrari 290 MM engine, then an even larger 375 MM unit, and finally a Ford V8. The car was happily reunited with its original 3-liter V12 in 1997, when it was purchased by its current owner and restored by Paul Russell back to its 1960 Le Mans configuration. Owned in 2014 by John Mozart, Palo Alto, California
NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D3S, f/16 @ 27 mm, 1/250, ISO 400, No Flash

M3-17 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59/60 Fantuzzi Spyder